Patient Centered Medical Home -
What it means for you as a patient; what we as your care team will do for you; and what we expect you to do for your own health.
Patient Centered Medical Home means that you will be surrounded by a dedicated team of health professionals, working together with you, to optimize your health goals using the best evidence-based medicine and resources available for you today, thus helping to empower you to take responsibility for your health and giving you the self-management support that you need to succeed.
As your primary care provider/team we will:
· Learn about you, your family, life situation, and health goals and preferences. Our team will remember your health history every time you seek care and suggest treatments that make sense for you.
· Take care of any short-term illness, long-term chronic disease, and your child or your all-around well-being.
· Keep you up-to-date on all your child or your vaccines and preventative screening tests.
· Connect you with other members of your care team (specialists, health coaches, etc...) and coordinates your care with them as your health needs change.
· Find appropriate behavioral help as needed (including specialists, support groups, etc.)
· Be available to you after hours for your urgent needs. When our office is closed you can call the main number and you will get in contact with the on-call provider.
· Notify you of test results in a timely manner.
· Communicate clearly with you so you understand you conditions and all you options.
· Listen to your questions and feelings. We will respond promptly to you - and your calls - in a way you understand.
· Help you make the best decisions for you care.
· Give you information about classes, support groups, or other services that can help you learn more about your condition and stay healthy.
· Help you understand your insurance options, should you be uninsured-all children deserve equal care to stay healthy.
We trust you, as our patient, to:
· Know that you are a full partner with us in your care.
· When you join our practice, you will provide us with a complete medical history and inform us if you obtained care outside of the practice. Upon your first visit we will have you complete new patient forms so that we may obtain all previous records you or your child may have. Should you have any questions about this process, please contact Miriam, our office manager, at 718-438-4400.
· Come to each visit with any updates on medications, dietary supplements, or remedies you are using, and with any questions you may have.
· Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible.
· Understand your health condition and what you can do to stay as healthy as possible.
· Work with us to develop and follow a plan that is best for your health, if you have obstacles to this plan please discuss these fully with us.
· Take medications as prescribed.
· Contact us after hours only if your issue cannot wait until the next work day.
· If possible contact us before going to the emergency room so someone who knows your medical history can care for you.
· Agree that all health care providers in my care team will receive all information related to your healthcare.
· Learn about your health insurance coverage either from your insurer, or if you have additional questions about your benefits contact our billing specialists at 718-438-4400 option 4
· Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you.
4406 12th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
To contact us: